Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding Windows 2003 in a Windows 2000 DC network... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnjaved

IS-IT--Management
Dec 25, 2004
CA
Hi all,

Currently we have a windows 2000 domain controller network and a Windows 2003 file server. I would like to make Windows 2003 as a primary domain controller and windows 2000 server as a filer server. Windows 2000 also has an exchange 2000 too. Any one know about any complications to do this. If someone can refer to detailed article about doing this that would be great...

Thanks for all the help guys...

1. adprep/forest and /domainprep to enroll 2k3 DC into a 2k AD.

2. pay attention a big issue of ex2000 with 2k3 DC

3. install another new exchange 2000 onto a member server2000

4. move mailbox over to the new exchange 2000 and rehoming pub-sys folders.

5. remove old exchange 2000 from that 2k DC

6. decommision that old 2k DC

---------------------------------------
Sr. Directory Services/Exchange Consultant

Make sure that when you have got the 2k3 DC running you grab the FSMO roles which are held by the 2k DC. Otherwise you will have problems when you switch off the 2k DC.

He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy (Monty Python's The Life of Brian)

How do I join a new server with windows sbs 2003 to an existing local domain running windows sbs 2000.
Do I install active directory from install or later, etc. The new server is data free at present and can be re installed. I want to run SQL on this server and be able to connect through my .local network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back