Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding voicemail to Hicom300E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackjack45

Technical User
Aug 2, 2008
AU
I am looking to add an external voicemail unit to our HIcom 300E and I need to know what Caller Id strings that the pabx sends to the voicemail when hooked up via analogue ports.
the string normally starts with
***1calledextncallingextn

***1; (direct internal call)
***2; (direct external call)
***3; (forward all calls)
***4; (forward on RNA or busy)

the string starts with one of the previous 4 selections depending on the call type the (original) called party is shown the the calling party

I am aware that there is some programming on the hicom to allow callerid information out via the analogue ports

Which voicemail is it?? Why not get a Phonemail box with integrates seemlessly with the 300E and uses ISDN BRI connections? I have never done an analog VM connection to the 300E...but then WHY, when Phonemail was made for it?

A phonemail solution would be nice but also expensive--we are constrained by how much we can spend--we would also need another BRI card as both existing ports are in use on our existing card.

Phonemail integrates to the Hicom 300 using an SLMS card, which is a 16 channel ISDN board.

I sent a quick E-mail to a tech who helps me out on occasion. He says that it is not possible to send caller-id info to analog stations on the Hicom 300. That feature is only available on the HiPath 4000.

I did not ask about analog trunking. When you said 'analog' I figured your were going to configure stations that were answered by voicemail like a standard answering machine.

The hicom can connect to a 3rd party voicemail using the evms field in the scsu record. You flag evms = y. This sends inband DNIS or called party number. It does send inband ANI.

You can get a phonemail cheap and it integrates easily.

The string will vary according to the prgramming on the pbx as well as the lenght of the extension digits.
Check a-send and b-send parms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back