Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding Visual Voicemail to the "feature buttons"

Status
Not open for further replies.

bernardj

IS-IT--Management
Feb 11, 2014
CA
I am trying to add the "Visual Voicemail" feature to button number 7 on the Avaya 9608 IP phone. When I press the button right next to the "Visual Voicemail", the green light flashes few times and stop. The screen does not go to Visual Voicemail menu. Do I have to do anything special to program that button. I added the button feature by going to that user and under the "button programming" tab.

Thank you in advanced for answer.

Why would you want to add something that is already there?

NTS Direct

Oops, missed a part. 9608 station.

Read the help file. 96xx station the button is not supported.

9600 Series: X

its really not that hard.

Access to Visual Voice on supported phones can be triggered by the phone's MESSAGES button rather than requiring a separate Visual Voice programmable button. This is done using the System | Voicemail option Messages button goes to Visual Voice.

NTS Direct

But then ALL stations goed to visual voice.

And some of us may not like that, so I can imagine that a customer would have a choice to use Visual voice or not.

If you don't like it dial *17 or programme a button to do that for you :)

In R9 you can disable Voicemail controls in the TUI settings.
The manual on the feature is not clear and I never disabled the voicemail feature sowhet the impactis when disabling voicemail features is to be experienced by yourself.
If you do the it would be nice if you report you findings here in a faq or so as a addon to the lack of documentation from Avaya.

You can remove it from the features menu but not from the button with the TUI.
Then you need to disable visual voice system wide.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

But then ALL stations goed to visual voice.

And some of us may not like that, so I can imagine that a customer would have a choice to use Visual voice or not.

if you really have a customer like that then you probably want to be shot of them sooner rather than later.

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back