Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding Visual InterDev Projects (Solutions) to Visual SourceSafe

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeonelSanchezJr

Programmer
Jan 26, 2001
US
I am trying to add some Visual InterDev projects / solutions to Visual SourceSafe.

Here's the situation:

Every web-developer has a copy of the project on their local hard drives, but the "real" code is on a web-server.

So, when I (Visual SourceSafe administrator; not web-savy)
try to add their projects / solutions to Visual SourceSafe, we get an error that mentions that the webserver does not have Visual SourceSafe installed on it or the user does not have a valid login id.

I know the user has a valid login user id, because he can bring up Visual SourceSafe.

What am I doing wrong?

Hi there

I'm looking for the same answer you are, so if you don't mind I'll just listen in. Although I did read in some messages posted back earlier, that they had to play around with the security settings to get it working properly

Tim

We have been experiencing the same exact issue. I have found no solution on the Microsoft KB ( I thin i've read every articel there is regarding VSS/VI integration). Were either of you ever able to get this resolved?

"Cannot establish source control for the Web Application. The server does not have a source control system installed or the user is not recognized" keeps coming up -- yet we DO have it installed and the user IS there.

Thanks for any insight!

I had to go to the VSS directory on the machine and open up the permissions to get around that error message. Since I was irritated I just added Everyone/Full Control, but I know you could use more restrictive permissions and still get it to work.

Marshall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back