Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding Values in an Access Form

Status
Not open for further replies.

pd2222

Programmer
Oct 15, 2001
GB

I have recently converted an Excel spreadsheet into a more user friendly Access database. One of the things you could do in excel was to have a running total in a cell i.e. you could do the actual calculation in the cell - '=SUM(2345 + 2689)'.

I would like to have a similar facility in my Invoice Form whereby instead of the user reaching for their calculator each time they can do the actual calculation in the Forms value box.

Is this possible or am I just dreaming things up again???

Who ever does reply to this (hopefully somebody will) please bear in mind that I am really only a beginner although I have managed to set up nearly two databases from scratch.

Please, please, please somebody help asap as I have to put on the live system soon!

Cheers!

Keza

Don't worry, sums are fairly simple in access as well. Are you using a continuous form? If so, just add a text box to the form's footer section and put this in the control source of the text box: =Sum([YourFieldHere]) Maq B-)
<insert witty signature here>

You are pretty close just knowing the Excel way. Your textbox is going to equal the other textboxes.

= MyField1 + MyField2 + MyField3

I believe this will go in the Control Source property of the field you want the total in. Terry M. Hoey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back