Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

tcstudio

Programmer
Mar 26, 2002
GB
I am trying to add users to my groupwise 6.5 server i already have 2 user's running on the system fine. When i pencil in the details under consoleone for other users they appear in the groupwise post office but user can not log into them. They can only log in to the 2 working accounts. I have been through my settings and all seems fine. I have also typed in the password again but still i can't login. Has anyone any ideas.

Not enough information. What error do you get when you try to login? And are you using the GW client or WebAccess? Is the PO(s) being accessed in Client/Server mode? Are the users that cannot get access on the same PO as the two that can get access?

FarOut
V-Peace-V

You end up getting ole error after 3 attempts at logging in the users are in the same post office and i am using the GW client software provide. I have filled out the client login screen with the right ip and port and username and pasword but still no joy the login screen just comes back until 3 attempts have been tryed.

I have never seen the client login screen come back without some type of error code, or descriptive messgage, as to what the problem was or could be. Either it could not contact the IP address of the PO, or stating that the user ID or password was incorrect. You don't see any message or error code? It would appear right below the area for entering the user password. Also, since I use GW 6.0.x. Does the new 6.5 client still have the radio buttons for logging in as "Online, Caching, or Remote" on the login screen? Wish I could be of more help, but it seems like something is missing.

FarOut
V-Peace-V

Hi TC

Enter only the name, leave the password field blank for now. If you are prompted for a password, the login in name was spelled correctly and you may have a wrong passowrd issue. If you are not promted for a password, the name is wrong.

Been there myself.

Lou

go into the user details
groupwise account
is the fid id there?

An error message comes up saying user not found on one account and on another it comes up saying about password. I have retyped the password but still does not work. I have also deleted and reinstlled the account but i just cant get any new users to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back