Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding Trunk Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

FletcherP

Vendor
Oct 3, 2002
US
Anyone added a fiber trunk Mod with 3rd T1 while system is operating. Any problems?

Wow, I would not recommend that..

The secret of Joy in work is contained in one word- excellence- To know how to do something well is to enjoy it..

Refire,

Actually you can, on SW Version 6.0 and 6.1. It takes the resources of the entire trunk Mod and must go in Expansion Port 7 or 8.

The secret of Joy in work is contained in one word- excellence- To know how to do something well is to enjoy it..

If you are adding it to the Trunk Mod then you can do it while the system is running. Just make sure that you have no power to the Trunk Mod when installing the Card. After the card is installed then you can power up the trunk mod and go to Hardware & Maint and program. But all that said I would power down the whole system install the card then power everything up together.

The DTI card should be the latest version (I dont recall the number) older cards will not work.

Thanks - Since it's a third T1 / Mod 8 (only card) and only a fiber connection not hardwired and runs free on clocking. I was just concerned that the system may burp when connecting fiber if system is running. I have done this when adding cards to a regular trunk / loop card. The T1 is the only concern.

Added Trunk MOD ad third T1 while system running without problems.

Changed MOD to trunk, changed card to T1 and disabled,
Changed lines to E&M etc. and applied fiber to MOD 8 port.

Enabled MOD and system humming along without any issues.

FletcherP, Thanks for the update.
I've kind of quit this forum, but then again, I have to snoop back in on occassion to see my old buddies.

MarvO said it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back