Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding to portal row - Overwrite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

open4biz

Programmer
Dec 17, 2002
US
I'm stumped. I have three fields that are just collection points for adding information to a portal below it. The fields are:

date, name, and notes

The user will click a button next to the fields that will add the information into the portal. The script goes like this:

Freeze Window
Goto Portal, last row
copy (current record) date
paste (related file) date
copy (current record) name
paste (related file) name
copy (current record) notes
paste (related file) notes
clear (current record) date
clear (current record) name
clear (current record) notes
Goto field (current record) date
Refresh window

I thought this method and script would cut and paste the data into the portal, the portal would refresh/resort, and then I could post data after data into the portal. Buuuuut... in reality, what's happening is every time I run the script, the new data overwrites the last post even though the last post is not in the last row of the portal (it's in the 1st). Any suggestions?

Here's what I ultimately want: A "journal" of posts to a portal where the fields aren't modifiable by the user. Are there better methods to achieving this?

Thanks!

-Ansel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back