Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding to a table without replacing the data

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpg121

Programmer
Mar 14, 2001
US
I'm using a combo box, outputting a value (where-ever, doesn't matter), and on a different sheet, have a list where each line does a vlookup to the combo box's data. Now what I want to do is have it so instead of over writing the data every time, I want to add it to the next open row and extend the "named" table.

Can you give me a little more information. You say you have a list on another sheet, is that a control? or is it just a list in cells? Also, what dat are you overwriting? Overwriting the cells? Do you want to select a value n the combo box and then do a vlookup to get a corresponding data set and create an ongoing list based upon that selection?

That's exactly what I want to do. As for the question, the list is just a list of cells with formulas in them. I just want to create an ongoing list with the choices made in the combobox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back