Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding Time so it has DateTime in the select statement 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kernal

Technical User
Feb 27, 2001
US
I'm using the Peoplesoft Query Manager and when I select this date field and look at the "View MYSQL" tab then it automatically has the expression "TO_CHAR(A.STARTDATE,'YYYY-MM-DD')" for that date field. Is there a way to change this expression so it is datetime being retrieved instead of just the date?

Thanks

kernal,

Yes, change your "TO_CHAR" statement of
"TO_CHAR(A.STARTDATE,'YYYY-MM-DD')"
to
"TO_CHAR(A.STARTDATE,'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MM:SS')"

Check out these formats using your sql tool to see how different they look.

Steve N.
State of Ohio, MIS

The problem is that our peoplesoft query manager when I select this field automatically makes it TO_CHAR(A.STARTDATE,'YYYY-MM-DD') and I can't add just the "HH24:MM:SS'" part to it.

Thanks

Hi Kernal,

You can do it - but it is a little tedious.

You need to create an expression where you need to change the date format back to a date time format... This is a little 'interesting' as you need to effectively create an invalid/pointless sql expression to allow for the sql insert that Query will push into your expression.

So you will need to write something like:

TO_DATE(A.STARTDATE,'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MM:SS') and add the expression as a field.... The Query will convert it to something like:

TO_DATE(to_char(A.STARTDATE,'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MM:SS'),'YYY-MM'DD))

Its ugly but should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back