Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding the totals of a column

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calb

Technical User
Aug 10, 2001
GB
I've written a help desk database, just getting stuck on the calculating the times spent on calls by individual technicians.
I want to add the total time of for say "Bill" for a week and a month.
There are 5 technicains be using this databse.
Any ideas?????

Cheers

How are you storing the call time information:
- Do you have the start and end times?
- Or do you have the elapsed time for each call?

I Have 4 Fields, Date Started, Time Started, Date Completed and Time Completed. I've got (([Time Comp] - 1 - [Time Started]), "Short Time") This gives me the time on a job, then I want to add all these up for each person. There is a feild for "Staff" which is Group By. Then orint a report for say "Bob" he spent 10Hrs doing what ever in a week month or year. The problem is adding the total time to each person, the trouble I've had with attemps so far is, if one person has 50 calls, the I print a report for the time, I get a running total which prints out 50 times, instead of one line saying the actual total for each person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back