Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding T1/PRI dual PRI cards to Northstar

Status
Not open for further replies.

defaultgeek

IS-IT--Management
Nov 4, 2002
US
We have one Northstar Plus Module ICS MICS 4.1 with two T1/DS1 single cards p/n P08887296-01 and several options like VM in additional mods which are all full. Both T1/s cards are inside the main ICS and have live local and LD PRI’s respectively on them for inbound/outbound dial.

Does anyone know if there is a 2 port ”P0887296-02” T1 x 2 version of above that we could replace the single T1 port card since all slots are full. Do we need another expansion mod? Will the controller handle the load?
Were can I get a good price on this part?

Goal We want to add a third T1 interface to cross patch trunks to a near Passport 7480 (dedicated to a near software PBX) and another 7480 far. Is above the best way to cross connect systems which will result in a new T1 card just for trunks from the far Passport 7480 being available for local phone users.

You can add a third T1/PRI if you upgrade software to 6.0, but why not find a Telco vendor that can combine your local and long distant T1 into one. I am sure mroberts can shed more light on the subject.

Good Luck!!

There is no slot! That is why I would like a dual port T1 Pri card if it exists. Also if I bundle my local PRI with LD I loose overall capacity as we have 46 total, plus 800 inbounds and 800 outbounds are on the 2nd card.

The 3rd T1 would be for tie lines to a passport. I would really like to do SIP/VoIP tie lines if possible.

duel T1 cards do not exist for the norstar , meridian 1 only, with release mics 6.0xc you have the ability to add a third t1 card to the system. this card must be in slot 8 or 7 on the first fiber expansion card. mics 6.0 xc opens up expansion ports 13 and 14 previously used for companion. in hardware you can program these ports for the desired module. keep in mind your port numbering scheme and always do a system back up. mics 6.0 is new so expect some issues.

Do you have the 6.0??? Because according to my information the third DTI card allowable in the MICS system would go into the first card slot of the first trunk module only.

So that would be mod 8 only, first slot. No other card can be placed in that trunk module.

Also, I do not see anything on being able to use ports 13 and 14 that were previously reserved for Companion for anyting else.

And No there isn't any kind of Dual T-1 card currently available for the Norstar Modular ICS. MRoberts
mroberts@americaii.com

If you find a tip helpful, please mark it as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back