Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding System Calculator to VFP Form 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MelanieVA

Programmer
Mar 31, 1999
US
I want to add a control to my form that when pressed will bring up the MS system calculator. I also want to be able to cut/paste and drag/drop from the calculator.<br>
<br>
Help!!!!

Try sticking a "!" in front of the extended path of the ms calculator application. The exclamation point runs an external application .

You can launch VFP's own calculator with the ACTIVATE WINDOW CALCULATOR comand. The neat thing about VFP's calculator is it is a part of the program's MDI. When you minimize it, it remains at the bottom of your VFP program screen. Also, whatever you enter in the calculator stays there. Even if you close VFP (or a compiled program), when you start it up again and open the calculator, whatever you left there the last time is still there. You can do the same with ACTIVATE WINDOW CALENDAR to get a calendar with a scratch pad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back