Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

adding sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

jholloway007

Technical User
Jan 19, 2006
GB
I am doing some work on a website and the user has asked me to intergrate audio. They have sent me a CD and I have converted the audio into wav files. The wav files are huge though, 11mb and I am not sure the best method to intergrate the audio into the site? I am using Dreamweaver and the plugins is not the most helpful. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hmm .. sound it always a tricky element, what do you mean you want to intergrate it into the site? do you want it playing the background as the users surfs? this will be a challenge, especialy when using HTML, as everytime the page changes it wants to restart the cycle again.

You may be able to achieve somthing using JavaScript ... but i would reccomend compressing those sound files, try compressing them into MP3 Format.

If you just want to have the files availble for download then it makes life a whole lots easier. You can iether sit the files in the hosting account and Hyperlink to them ... or download a Flash based player app for the site from somewhere like that way users wont be able to download the music to thier system and you can still flog them a CD at 5 quid a pop! :)

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back