Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding second Video card of same type: Conflict? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

odat1989

Technical User
Mar 26, 2001
US
I'm adding a second monitor to my system (for DV editing).
I already have a NVIDIA TNT2 32 MB installed for the original monitor. Will I have any kind of conflict if I install another TNT 32MB to support the second monitor? Will one set of drivers support both cards?

TIA.

Bob Collister

You will not be able to install another AGP video card (only 1 slot per system). You can install a PCI video card and it should work. Both Win98SE and Win2000 support 2 video cards and multiple monitors. To answer your original ?, If its PCI you should be fine. If its AGP you cannot do it. Please let us (Tek-tips members) know if the solutions we provide are helpful to you. Not only do they help you but they may help others.

James Collins
Computer Hardware Engineer
A+, MCP

email: butchrecon@skyenet.net

Thanks for the info and the reminder. I darn near forgot that it had to be a pci card.

I'm running on W2K Pro and already have the second monitor installed and running fine on an old trident card with 2 or 4 MB. Juat need to move up to a more powerful card.

Thanks again.

Bob Collister

Glad to be of help! Please let us (Tek-tips members) know if the solutions we provide are helpful to you. Not only do they help you but they may help others.

James Collins
Computer Hardware Engineer
A+, MCP

email: butchrecon@skyenet.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back