Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding scrollbars into a form?

Filip Brnic

Programmer
Dec 25, 2023
RS
Hello, I guess there is a problem with how im doing it but simply going into properties and setting them to either horizontal or vetrical or even both, i don't see them, and my forms height is 10000 so I need a way for people to get down, it would be also good if there was a way i can just make a button that would send the view down 100 pixels, something like that could work since the form works that way, they add info in the textboxes then go down, so if you guys have any idea, or solution, I need it because thats the only part missing from my form so it can actually properly function!!!

There has to be something (a control) at coordinates not in view, then scrollbars become visible.

Chriss

You are right that adding scrollbars is preferable to stepping up or down 100 pixels at a time. As Chris has said, you need to actually add some controls to the non-visible area in order for the scrollbars to become visible.

If the user is simply going to tab from one control to the next, then that's all you need to do. But if you need more control over the scrolling (to move the form up or down under program control), you need to understand about viewports. Check the help topics for SetViewPort and related methods. (This is different from scrolling a grid under program control, as the DoScroll method is not available for forms.)

Mike

Visual FoxPro articles, tips and downloads

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back