Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding SAN disk to HACMP

Status
Not open for further replies.

jie

Technical User
Apr 8, 2003
US
Hi I was task to allocate SAN disk at a HACMP environment I would like to ask the procedure in adding disk to a hacmp environment specially the shared volume group.

thanks in advance ..

Hi

For adding disk in HACMP use smit (smit fastpath is "cl_vgsc"). You will see your volum group by ressource group. Select your volum group and you will see all disk you can add to it.
A disk can be added only if it is seen by all node integrated in volum group's ressource group. Configure your SAN zoning appropriately.
You must take care too if SAN disk technology is supported by HACMP ( as ESS' vpath for example). A compatibility matrix is provided with HACMP documentation.

Bye

Do I have to do an import and export vg in any of the nodes? so that the failover node can regonised the new disk?

No, if it's a shared volum goup importvg will be do by HACMP in fallover. If it's a concurrent volum group changes are seen immediately by other nodes. Use just smit hacmp menu for adding it. It's not a mandatory but you will see immediately if a problem exist (normally ;-) ) . After adding disk , you can too check HACMP conf with clverify command.

Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back