Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

adding routes for a vpn

Status
Not open for further replies.

random260

Programmer
Mar 11, 2002
US
I have managed to set up a VPN between my office and another. My office uses 192.168.50.X, the other office uses 172.16.100.X with an odd configuration. Here's how it works. The 172 office has a linux server that is accepting the VPN through a dynamic NDS redirect, and it's working fine. For example once the VPN is connected I can type 172.16.100.5 (the address of the linux VPN server) in Internet explorer on my computer (at 192.168.50.121) and I get the web screen for the VPN server.

Whats missing is the ability to access OTHER computers on that network because they reside on a different domain. The other computers on that network are on the same address scenario (172.16.100.X) but they are on example.com whereas the linux server is on examplevpn.com, and is not a member of example.com.

What kind of records do I need to add where to get access to these other computers? A records? If so, do I have to add them on my end (192) or the 172 end? Or both? Do they go in the linux VPN server as (A record computer1.example.com pointing to 172.16.100.3 (the IP of computer1)? The Linux server is named evee - with the VPN connected I can open Explorer on my computer (192 series) and get to it with \\evee. I cannot get to \\facsys (172.16.100.12) and I would like to be able to (facsys has a static 172 address)

before you try \\facsys can you access \\172.16.100.12???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back