Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding records is very slow...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeeThru

IS-IT--Management
May 2, 2002
GB
Hi All

We have recently moved to Act 9 from Act 6, and I am getting complaints from the MD that adding new records is very slow.

When a new record is created, it can take up to a minute to enter the company name - it appears one character at a time (obviously buffered). It is also very slow to change the value in any of the drop-down boxes.

Act is running on 5 workstations (although only a couple use it much) with the seerver sitting on a back end server.

Anything I can check/do to speed up record creation and indexing? I noticed the local PC is running SQL as well - it is needed for act front end?

SeeThru
Synergy Connections Ltd - Telemarketing Services

What build of ACT! from Help | About?
How much RAM on server?
How much on Workstations?

Do you have the same issue on all workstations?
How about if doing it on the server?

Can you try turning on Video Acceleration on the server and workstations... it's only used much for game playing or CAD, but can cause funny issues for many applications.

Regards,
Mike Lazarus
ACT! Evangelist
GL Computing, Aust

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back