Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding records and being able to go to previous

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrazilTechie

Programmer
Nov 13, 2002
BR
Is there a way I could prompt the user with a blank dataentry form and still give him a change to go to the previous (last) and already existing record?

I am using the following...

DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria

But that only gives the chance to enter new data in one record and not being able go back if I want to. (???)

Thanks in advance.

BrazilTechie,

You haven't provided us with much information.

But the Small slice of code you gave is a standard piece that looks up a specific record based on the stLinkCriteria string.

If you wnat to add a new record, you can't use this because it will only bring up the one record.

If you need to enter the criteria into fields so that the records will appear on subforms, then open the form you want to add a record to from the form tha thas the parent relational data and do something like this:

me.childdata = forms!parentform!parentdata
use the fields in your database

nowm to go to a previous record, just put his line in:

Docmd.GotoRecord,,acPrevious

Thats about as accurate as I can get. If it's confusing to you, then you will need to provide a whole lot more info

Cheers

Jedel

Thanks for your quick reply.

You were able to help me a lot with the little info I gave you.

Thanks again.

BrazilTechie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back