Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding raid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 2, 2004
GB
We currently have a HP Compaq ML350 proliant server which came with an HP Single Scsi Raid card.

Our tape drive is connected to the mother board.

At the moment to do a simple back up of anything is taking an age as the tape is backing up at 6.24mb per min.
Can I add an additional raid card to run the tape from without messing up my raid array.

Any advice will be helpful.

Cheers

I use a HP ML 350 with Raid Controller HP Smart Array 641 an d I also have a tape drive, conected to my motherboard and this configuration is working fine. The tape is backing up with 144 MB/min. What kind of tape do you have?
You could try another SCSI Cable.
I have HP DAT 40 tape

The tape is an HP Storage Works DLT VS80.
I started it off backing up 40gb of space on friday night last week and it hadnt finished by monday evening. Its Slowww.
I will have to shut it down and check the cabels.
Have you used the first or the second motherboard connection??

Sometimes the first and sometimes , second :) . Becouse I make this kind of configuration to many of my customer, and it's not important on witch SCSI channel do you put the tape. But , you could try also this, to change scsi channel to see how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back