Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding print drivers to the network

Status
Not open for further replies.

jgsresearch

Technical User
Jan 16, 2001
US
Maybe I am missing something. Hopefully someone can help me out.
I have been having problems with Office XP on my Win 2K nodes, and have narrowed it down to being incompatible print drivers. I have gone on HP's site, downloaded the latest driver for the LaserJet to a node, and fixed the problem. So far, so good. Now I want to add the driver on the server so I can use it when updating the drivers and when I install new nodes.
Thanks in advance.

Some printer printers are compatable with both NT and Win2k. You should check the driver and if it is compatable you can simply update the printer driver on your server.

Open the Sharing for your printer, click on Windows NT 4.0 x86 in the shared list and then click OK. You should then be prompted for the new drivers location.

Another option is to put the new drivers in a shared folder so you can browser to them during the setup of the client printer. New Zealand, a great place to live.
tokala@orcon.net.nz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back