Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding placeholder to Slide Master (PPT 2002)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stickman2

Technical User
Apr 17, 2003
US
Desperately trying to figure out a workaround for the inability to add an additional 'placeholder' to the Slide Master in PowerPoint 2002. All I want is a simple text box that automatically shows up in the lower right hand corner of each slide, without having to manually copy/paste one for each slide. Using the 'footer' is not an option, since this text will be different for each slide. Any help would be much appreciated!

Hi, Stickman. I've requested a PPT expert look at your Q. I'm interested in the answer too, that is, if there is a way to do this.

Crossing my fingers.

Anne Troy
Word and Excel Macros
Coming soon: wX

Unfortunately, PowerPoint does not allow creation of new placeholders other than the default placeholders available within a master.

Many users create a text-box equipped slide geared to their requirements and duplicate it as required. However, any text that is contained within a text-box as opposed to a placeholder does not make it to the outline view of the presentation.

If you would like this feature to be included in the next release of PowerPoint, mail mswish@microsoft.com with 'PowerPoint' in the subject line. Do explain to them why you think this feature is essential for you.

Geetesh Bajaj
Microsoft PowerPoint MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back