Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding Parameter

Status
Not open for further replies.

floydome

Technical User
Feb 27, 2007
US
Hi,
This is the parameter i currently have
WHERE ( PYRAMID EQ '&PYRAMID.(FIND PYRAMID IN HRIS_HQHC2006).Pyramid.' ) AND ( JOB_LEVEL EQ '&JOB_LEVEL.(FIND JOB_LEVEL IN HRIS_HQHC2006).Job Level.' )
AND ( CORE_GROUP EQ '&CORE_GROUP.(FIND CORE_GROUP IN HRIS_HQHC2006).Job Grouping.' );

The problem is that when i pick job level (2nd parameter), it displays all the job levels irrespective of the pyramid. How can i develop a relation between these parameters so that it only displays job levels in the pyramid i have selected and only displays core group in the job level i have selected

Carefull.....
If you selected 'ALL' or 'No Selection' for pyramid or job_level, no selection would take place except for core_group (unless that is also on the same line. I suspect that everything is on one line on one of the values is has been selected as 'ALL' (using defaults from html painter) or 'No Selection' (parameter prompting).

Try separating you selection statements, other than that, I don't see anything wrong.

EG
Code:
line 1
WHERE ( PYRAMID EQ '&PYRAMID.(FIND PYRAMID IN HRIS_HQHC2006).Pyramid.' );
line 2
WHERE ( JOB_LEVEL EQ '&JOB_LEVEL.(FIND JOB_LEVEL IN HRIS_HQHC2006).Job Level.' );
line 3
AND ( CORE_GROUP EQ '&CORE_GROUP.(FIND CORE_GROUP IN HRIS_HQHC2006).Job Grouping.' );
Of course you would not have the "line n

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back