Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding Pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

kerrysr

Technical User
Sep 9, 2005
US
I have multiple in2 files that I want to combine into one document. What is the best way to start with the first document, and bring in the remaining in2 files

each in2 file is one page. So if I want to add 10 pages (10 separate single page In2 files)how can I import them?

Open all INDD docs and make sure that pages window is open and go to Window menu/arrange/tile so you can see all.

From pages window, drag the pages you want to add to the last page (actual INDD doc - not pages window) of the first doc. They will be added. Repeat as necessary.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

Thanks for responding. I appreciate people who try to help solve problems.

Please understand I am an occasional user of Indesign therefore sometimes I don't understand the responses.

I tried what you suggested but I am obviously overlooking something becasue I cannot get it to work.

Do you mind listing carefully each step again? Thanks for your patience.

K.

Short tutorial:

Create a new 4 page indesign doc. It will show as “Untitled 1”. Type the number “1” on each page – just to show that this is document 1. Go to the last page in this doc.

Create a new 1 page indesign doc. It will show as “untitled 2”. Type the number “2’ on the page.

Create a new 1 page indesign doc. It will show as “untitled 3”. Type the number “3’ on the page.

Make sure that you have the Pages window open. You don’t need any other windows open.

Go the Window menu/Arrange and select Tile. All the indesign documents will now show nest to teach other on the screen. Click on Untitled 2 to make it active. Go to Pages window and click on the page and drag tht directly into the Untitled 1 page. You will see that the page with “2” on it now shows and Untitled 1 is now 4 pages – the 4 originals + the one you added from Untitled 2.

Now, with page 5 (which has the number “2” on it) of Untitled 1 showing click on Untitled 3 to make that active. Clcik on the page idon in the Pages window and drag it directly over the last page (page 5 now) of Untitled 1. Untitled 1 will now be 6 pages and the l;ast page, which will have the number “3” on it will show.

That’s how you combine pages from one indesign doc with another.

If you want to add multiple pages from one doc to another , shift click on the page icons in the pages window to select multiples and drag onto the last page of the target doc.

You can only add the pages at the end of the target doc. You can rearrange the pages in that doc later by dragging within the pages window to reorder – like if you want to add pages from 1 indesign doc into the middle of another.

Using OSX 10.3.9 on a G4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back