Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding objects to the Universe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Just need some general help here.

I have been working with B.O. 5.0 for a while now at work. I have been designing reports with user prompts and everything. I am having some problems transfering objects that I create for reports to the universe so that they can be reached in other reports. It's very frustrating to come up with a great formula for an object and not be able to use it elsewhere. Also, unless it's on the universe, I can't export that info! I have tried to add it by going to Tools/Universes/Add Object, but the curser just turns to an hour glass and then back to curser. Is it only possible to add an object using the Designer program? If so, what does this add button do?

Thanks!

Brian Milner
brian_milner@yahoo.com

Brian,

If you create a 'variable' in a report (I say variable because they're not 'objects') then there is no facility to add this into the universe. If you create a 'User Object' (see query panel) then this can be included in the universe via the Designer module. I don't know of any Tools/Universe/Add Object option only 'User Objects' and this just for viewing.

You can also try to go through a Template.
Save your document as a Template and you might be able to reuse your variables in a new document based on that template.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back