Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding Notes to a Record

Status
Not open for further replies.

newguy86

Technical User
May 19, 2008
US
Hello Everyone,
I'm using Access 2013 and I have a query "qryTTOver24" that shows every order that took longer than 24 hours to complete. What I want to do is be able to is select a record in that query and add notes explaining why it took that long. I already have a table setup "tblTTOver24Notes" to store these notes based on the order number. I just can't seem to figure out how to get the notes field to appear whenever I select an order in the query.

Do you guys have any ideas on how best to go about this?

Travis
Charter Media

You say you have a query not a form, so one assume you are running the query and looking at the raw result.

All you need to do is go into design mode for the query qryTTOver24, add the notes table tblTTOver24Notes create the link via the FK relationship and include the notes field it in the selection output.

Then you can simply fill it in as desired.

"In complete darkness we are all the same, it is only our knowledge and wisdom that separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!"
Free Electronic Dance Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back