Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding new Records

Status
Not open for further replies.

Annelies

Programmer
Nov 25, 2001
Hi

I'm sure this is really simple, but I can't nut it out.

I have a page which I use to add information to the database - it prompts for the fields, which the user fills in, clicks OK, which updates the database.

That all works fine - the problem I'm having is opening the page with blank text fields. - ie - calling addRecord before the text fields fill with data. If I create a function for thisPage_onenter(), which calls addRecord on the recordset, the text fields are blank, as required, but when I click the OK button (ie, updateRecord) I get all sorts of error messages.

If I have an "Empty" button instead, which calls the addRecord method, all works well, but it's such a clumsy way of doing it.

Any suggestions anyone? Where do I call addRecord so that the page opens with blank datafields, and will still update OK?

Thanks

Annelies

Hi everyone,

I discovered Form Manager this afternoon, so have worked around the problem. =) (Yaah!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back