Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding new items/pages to application

Status
Not open for further replies.

fid

Programmer
May 10, 2001
US
I am using Visual Interdev integrated with Visual Source Safe for developing web applications. Since its all website development, we also have other developers that work on the site but utilize other software for front-end developement, such as DreamWeaver and Flash. DreamWeaver has integration with VSS to check-out/in files, and it works fine for this.

Problem is adding new files to the web application. The front-end developer can create new files and add them to source safe, and use the VSS client to update the staging server, but when I go to work in Interdev, the files will show up in the Project Explorer, but will not be part of the web application so i can not check-out nor add to source control (cause its already there). There is a function for 'Add to Master Web', but it is always unselectable. About all i can do is delete the file from source safe and re-add it in Interdev. The front-end developer already has to go through extra steps to utilize VSS, dont really want to make them use yet another application to just to add new files to the website.

any suggestions for smooth development with mixed development environments?

Thanks!

This is our situation and it is not very straight forward - infact the non-Interdev users generally forget or actively hate and refuse to use VSS.

To ensure the local project can see all files on the master - you can click the 'Refresh Project View' in the Project Explorer.

You can re-sync a project with source-safe by following the menu:
Project / Source Control / Change Connection

This wierd dialog lets you attach a VI project with a Source Safe project. In this case, just re-connect the VI projects to the Source Safe project that it is already 'connected' to. Daft, but there you go!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back