Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding new fields to GP window and storing it onto the database 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sslab

IS-IT--Management
Jul 2, 2003
US
Hi,

I am quite new to this Great Plains software. We added few new fields to an already existing database table. I need to add these new fields to the GP window and the user keys in the data and the whole record needs to be stored in the respective database table. Please let me know how to accomplish this. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!!

Regards,
sslab

Search for help on the DUOS (Dynamics User Object Store).

Good Luck!

You will use VBA to save to the DUOS table. That is the SY90000 table I believe. Basically, every extra field you create gets stored in that one table regardless of information type. So the VBA code has to tell what type of information, what type of value and the value. You have to remember to add the code at each point a user could possibly save or delete the information. This would include click Save or Delete, scrolling with browser arrows, doing a lookup and selecting another record, responding to a dialog box, and other places you may find.

Hi,

Thanks a lot for all your valuable help. That was really great!!!! I created the DUOS table and the extra information i added is stored in the table SY90000..But how do I add them to the original table and how about the fields already existing? Will they be saved to the database table? Thank you

I appreciate your help...

You can't save them to the original table. They remain in that DUOS table. You then have to write code to retrieve the data on the windows and reports you want.

Maybe you can have a look at the extender product from eonesolutions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back