Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding new fields to existing database

Status
Not open for further replies.

GlosterGladiator

Technical User
Mar 27, 2012
GB
HI, I'm a new member, just joined. I have been using Lotus Approach '97 as a home database since 1999 to catalogue my music collection, which currently consists of almost 27,000 pieces, and is an ongoing project. The original database is nothing complicated, just 9 fields containing alpha, numeric, and date information, all completely searchable, with no formulae or calculations to perform. Recently I added a further 5 fields to include more information, but have found that the new fields do not respond to search requests, will not duplicate data from previous record, nor do they appear on the worksheet page. Can anyone tell me how to overcome these problems, please. Nothing too technical as I am 69 years old and not very computer literate. I am running the database in Windows Vista on my laptop, and Windows 7 on my P.C., which means that the help files are not available to me. Any advice would be much appreciated, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back