Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding new Codec

Status
Not open for further replies.

dixxy

Technical User
Mar 4, 2003
CA
Hello,

I would like to know if there is a way to add new codec to premier6.5. I am currently capturing from a Sony DV Camcorder. I have usd Pinnacle Studio, and when you are ready to create your final .avi file you have a choice of different Codec. I am looking to export with Mjpeg.

Currently all I can choose in Premier is Microsoft DV avi or Microsoft avi, and a bunch of other stuff...I would like to see Mjpeg in that box...

Can this be done?

Thanks,

Sylvain

You would need to buy a program/software that provides the MJPEG codec. Its not availalbe for free anymore.

MJPEG however is no longer supported because its not longer free. Youre best bet is to work with DV avi or Mpegs.

I do have some as trial...and I can't get them to show up in Premier...Why? and how can I do this?

Thanks,

Sylvain

$35 for usage for V1
$20 per user for V5

Not free to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back