Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding Network Folders to Outlook 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

lorri

Technical User
Oct 4, 2006
US
Hi All - Is there a way to add a network folder to Outlook 2003? Also - Can you set up shortcuts to My Documents and stuff too?

Yes.

File > New > Outlook Bar Shortcut (or right click in the Shortcut Bar and select Otlook Bar Shortcut).

Change the default Look in: from Outlook to File System.

Browse to wherever you want. Select a folder and press OK. That folder is now a shortcut. This can be a network folder, it does not matter.

To add a file, make its folder a shortcut. Click the shortcut. The Folder List will display the contents of the folder. Drag and drop a file onto the Shortcut bar. You can even delete the folder after if you want. Note, to open a file (or a folder) on the Shortcut Bar requires a single click.

faq219-2884

Gerry
My paintings and sculpture

BTW: once you have a file system folder in Folder List, you can use it exactly like Windows Explorer. Drag and drop files, open them, copy them, ZIP them....whatever.

faq219-2884

Gerry

I don't get that option. I am Outlook 2003 and it is set up as Exchange. But I don't get the options that you are speaking of - I am unable to get any options when I right click on the shortcut bar - I can select add a new group or a new shortcut - but that brings me into Outlook folders , etc.
Any thoughts?

Hi, Lorri

You have to rtclick on the title at the top of the shortcut bar, where it says "Outlook Shortcuts", or as Fumei said, click on File, click on New, click on Outlook Bar Shortcut ...

Jock

I can select add a new group or a new shortcut - but that brings me into Outlook folders , etc.
And.....did you click the Look in: dropdown as I mentioned? Are you saying you do NOT have a File System choice?

faq219-2884

Gerry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back