Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding Music to website 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

braves07

Technical User
Apr 24, 2007
US
Ok, so here is the deal. I have a website I'm building for a local musician. I've completed the entire site in html/css because flash isn't necessary for anything other than the music. He wants to have several of his songs play on his site with the option to skip tracks, change volume, ect. Here is my question: Is it possible to somehow play that music so that the music continues when the user changes pages. For example.. say the "index" loads on song 1 and plays :20 of the song before they click on "about", I would like the song to continue on at :21 instead of starting over with each new page. I can easily achieve this if I create the entire site in Flash but I was wondering if there was a way to achieve this on an html site.

This is one of the few times where I would suggest using frames [smile]

You can have a frame that contains the player (whatever it is) and another (big) frame that the pages display in. You would use the target attribute on anchor elements to target the (big) frame for loading new pages, whilst leaving the other frame to play on uninterrupted.

Cheers,
Jeff

[tt]Jeff's Blog [!]@[/!] CodeRambler
[/tt]

Make sure your web page and css validates properly against the doctype you have chosen - before you attempt to debug a problem!

FAQ216-6094

Hm... Seems like it might work just as well to pop open a window called "Player" and that window can contain all the music controls, but then the basic site and site navigation is in the main window.

This would feel more like having a browser window for touring the site, and then having a radio playing nearby that you can twiddle and twaddle as you wish.

Without frames.

Cheers,

[monkey] Edward [monkey]

"Cut a hole in the door. Hang a flap. Criminy, why didn't I think of this earlier?!" -- inventor of the cat door

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back