Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding Multiple queries withing a report.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlov83

Technical User
Oct 27, 2007
US
hello everyone i'm having a rather painful problem.
I would like to have three columns on a report. 1st column will add the total amount when the invoice number is starts with 'tr' second column has amount and third column has count of those invoices that have tr. This is not the problem that problem becomes when i need to do the opposite where i want to get everything thats not Tr and add the count of that query to the count of the first query... I dont seem to be able to do this. plus like to get a percentage of each at the end. This seems doable but i cant seem to be able to pull it off. can anyone please offer some suggestion im stuck between a rock and a hard place here.

It's doable. If we do a report by dept for invoices, we would have one query that pulls only invoices starting with tr's and then another query that we just remove the filter (bringing all invoices). Then we combine those queries by joining on dept and use that query in the report. You would use your percentages using the numbers in the final query based on "TR's" and non-TR's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back