Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding multiple ip addresses on a windows 2003 server

Status
Not open for further replies.

rick717

IS-IT--Management
Jun 2, 2005
US
I presently have 14 domains running on a Road Runner server. All have separate ip addresses. We are switching to SBC and need to move to their server. They have given me 26 separate ip addresses, beginning with 64.143.218.37 (sever) thru 64.143.218.62. I need to move the domain names to the new ip addresses. My question is, how do I get the string of ip addresses on the server. When I add a web site (other than at .37) I'll need an ip. I need to connect to that IP in order to transfer my web pages...won't I?

Normally this is taken care of by the ISP, but SBC is absolutely no help at all. All windows server say is that I can pick from a drop down list of ip addresses, but that they have to have been added thru control panel. Where and how it does not say.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back