Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

adding mouse scrolling to Crystal Reports Viewer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snakeroot

Technical User
Oct 4, 2006
US
I just wanted to document the code for this, so that it's easier for others to find. I had a heck of a time finding code to do this. Finally this thread lead me in the right direction: thread796-1012322

There were however a few typos when the original poster converted from C# to VB. Here's the code I ended up using to get mouse scrolling to work on a Crystal Reports Viewer.

Again, I'd like to make it clear, I'm not trying to take any credit for the idea or fix, I just want to document the working code so that others do not have to spend so much time working on this.

FYI, I'm using Crystal Reports XI R2 Developer edition and VB.NET 2005

Code:
Imports CrystalDecisions.Windows.Forms

Private Sub ReportViewer_MouseWheel(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs) Handles myReportViewer.MouseWheel
        Dim ctlPageview As New Control

For Each ctl As Control In myReportViewer.Controls
            If (ctl.GetType().Equals(GetType(PageView))) Then
                ctlPageview = CType(ctl, PageView)
            End If
        Next

If Not ctlPageview.Equals(Nothing) Then
            Dim ctlDocument As DocumentControl

For Each ctl As Control In ctlPageview.Controls
                If (ctl.GetType().Equals(GetType(TabControl))) Then
                    ctlDocument = CType(CType(ctl, TabControl).SelectedTab, DocumentControl)
                End If
            Next

If Not ctlDocument.Equals(Nothing) Then
                Dim pnt As Point = ctlDocument.AutoScrollPosition

Dim numberOfLinesToMove As Int16 = e.Delta * SystemInformation.MouseWheelScrollLines / 120 'WHEEL_DATA
                Dim numberOfPixelsToMove As Integer = numberOfLinesToMove * 10 'font size 10

pnt.Offset(numberOfLinesToMove, numberOfPixelsToMove)
                ctlDocument.AutoScrollPosition = pnt
            End If

End If

End Sub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back