Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding more Virtual TN's to UCM / Element Manager 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plantman2000

Technical User
Jan 6, 2004
GB
Please could you let me know how to add more Virtual TN's to enable us to add more phones.

We have a CS1K on RLS 7.5. We use UCM - Element Manager to administer our IP Phones etc.

On RLS 5.5 we could add Virtual TN's by going in to the 'Hardware' Section of Telephony Manager 3.

I've tried adding Virtual TN's under the Superloops section in UCM but this does not appear to be it.

Thanks for any help.

What kind of phones are you trying to add? IP phones? The IP phones require a virtual loop. Is it possible you are out of licenses.

I'm fairly certain that you just need to build the phone and the other 31 TNs will show as available. For example, if you are using 252-0-0-(0-31) and you have maxed those out, you should be able to build the next phone on 252-0-1-0 and then when you do a lookup for the TNs, 252-0-1-(1-31) will show as available.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks, Yes these are standard IP phones, 1140's or 1120's but also OCS UEXT's.

When searching for a free TN nothing shows in the list and it does state "Error Code: SCH0821
Error Message: System has no unused units.
Severity: Info."

Cheers.

You may have to provision another superloop in LD 97 if you are all out of TN's in your superloop. Check licensing under LD 22, prt SLT make sure you are not out of IP licenses. If you have spare cards in your superloop, then just provision a new IP phone on the first unit and then the other 31 units will show up just like Scott said.

Thanks for the help all!

You were all correct. Add the superloop as above and then actually enter the phone using this TN range. You have to enter it rather than being able to search for it in the UCM window.

Cheers once again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back