Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding length to table cell 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

piratefan

Programmer
Jul 20, 2003
US
I want to be able to add length to my table cells. For example, I may only have one line of text on a page. Let's say the page has a yellow back ground. I want the viewer to be able to see the yellow background for the entire table cell, not just one line.
I have tried a length="600" or so, but it does not recognize that. Any help appreciated.
Thanks.

I think you want to declare the width of the cell. Table cell widths have to be declared in css in XHTML strict, so you should use this:

<td style=&quot;width: 600px;&quot;>

Hope it helps.

Thanks, but I do that. I am talking about vertical space. The &quot;guts&quot; of my page, if it has just one line, only that line of code with a yellow background. I want to have a yellow background that would extend to the bottom of the screen in that cell.
Thanks again.
John

Then have you tried defining the height for the cell?
And do you have an example you can post or link to?

height=&quot;600px&quot; did the trick. IE and NN. Had to use the px for it to work.
There is definitely something causes problems with style and NN. I had a problem I was posting about with a control not showing up in NN. I removed a style, and it worked.
Thanks for the help.
John

all &quot;style &quot; are not supported by NN

u can call rivalry with IE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back