Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding LBR files to Net Express DLL Projects 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rustym

Programmer
Aug 9, 2001
US
I need to add a Micro Focus Net Express-supplied file, cobintfn.obj, to a DLL project I am working on. I think this OBJ is in the Run-Time Library file cobcli.lbr. I have added this LBR to my project pool, but when I try to add the LBR to the DLL I get an 'information message box' saying "One or all of the selected files cannot be added to a packaging file. This may be because they are automatically generated dependencies such as an Object Cobol Class." Can anybody shed some light on this for me?

I don't think you will find OBJ files in LBRs, they normally contain GNTs. The COBCLI.LBR has something to do with Command Line Interface (CLI) if I remember correctly. Can't remember whether the MFFINDER command is in NetExpress but if it is it allows you to see the contents of a LBR file.

Thanks for the reply Clive. I looked into this a bit and found this:

2.3.1.22 File Finder (Mffinder)
Utility to search multiple directories for a specified file or files.

Available in:
Workbench V3.4, Workbench V4.0.

Net Express:
Not available.

Use in future:
The dir command in Windows 95 and Windows NT V4.0 provides all the facilities that Mffinder does (use dir /s to search subdirectories), except that it does not look inside .lbr files. There is no facility for this, but .lbr files are not used much in Net Express.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back