Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding item to "sent items" of a shared mail box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bujitsu

MIS
Oct 23, 2003
AU
Hi,

I have a group of help desk people that have their own mailbox's but use a shared mailbox to send & receive mail for support. i.e support@mycompany.com

The problem is that when a helpdesk user sends from the shared mailbox the sent item goes to the users sent items not the shared mailbox's sent items.

Is there a way to get the sent item to duplicate to the users "sent items" as well as the shared mailbox's "sent items"?
Or only the shared mailbox's "sent items"?

Cheers

Use a rule within outlook to copy to the folder.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at
Work SMARTER not HARDER. The Spider's Parlor's Admin Script Pack is a collection of Administrative scripts designed to make IT Administration easier! Save time, get more work done, get the Admin Script Pack.

Mark,

Thanks for the idea, but it doesn't seem to work using rules. Even when an email lands in the sent items folder the rule does not fire. Unless done manually.

I think I might have to write an add-in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back