Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding in a Help Project to a VB Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaws1972

MIS
Nov 7, 2002
GB
First off - it's quite hard searching for the word "Help" on a Help website !

Secondly - my problem

I have created a help file called EPOS Help.chm using HTML Help Workshop. It is only small, as I have never done this before. It consists of 3 pages, an alias and a map file.

I have doubled checked and the Alias and Map files correspond to the correct Help pages

I have added in the Help Provider to the first Windows form of my VB Project, and pointed it to the .chm file

In the properties of my main form, I have set the HelpKeyword to 1001 (matching the Alias and Map files).

I have tried all the different versions of the HelpNavigator, but whichever I try I do not get the correct Help page displayed. (I will either get 2001, or 3001)

Does anybody know of a clear, idiot-proof guide to adding in a Help function, or that can point me in the right direction of soliving this ?

Thanks

Do you have the msdn help file? If so, then go to the index and type help. There you will find adding help to applications, or you may check here:

Sometimes the Microsoft's help is not the best, so try here too:

The last one is for C#, but you can convert the code here:

Hope this helps a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back