Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

adding ID3-tags to multiple mp3's in XP messes up the tages damnit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

snekone

Technical User
Feb 25, 2002
NL
If someone could please contact microsoft as I haven't found a way of actually submitting this bug to them...

You can try and see if it happens to you as well:
- select a bunch of mp3's
- right click and go to options
- go to advanced and fill in a Band Name (this will change it for all the files!)
- now open the files in winamp or whatever and it will have deleted the last letter of the Band Name, and the last letter of the Song Name!?!?

Now, I don't know what's up with this, but I'm having a seriously hard time fixing over 200 mp3's by the same band now... And I think this very bad, how could they have made a mistake like THAT?!?

Sorry, I'm angry right now...

Possible work around? Enter the band and song name(s) with 1 extra character (perhaps a space) and see if you can "fool" the bug.

You can submit bug reports here:

Report a Bug. Think you've found a bug?

Don't hold your breath getting any immediate response but at least you can feel satisfied that you told someone whose job it is to record such things and pass them on.

----
"eXPerience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards." - annon

Ok thanks! I sent them the info, wonder if we'll see an update soon in Windows Update ;)

It IS possible to get around the problem the way you mentioned, I had already tried that, but it's kind of a lame way out... They shouldn't have had a mistake like this in XP... for the rest I love it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back