Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding HP Managements Packs

Status
Not open for further replies.

strangled

IS-IT--Management
May 15, 2002
GB
Hi,
I have one Management Server (MOM 2005) looking after 25 Domain Servers, includes Exchange 2003, Active Directory, plus the Print Servers.. This runs like a dream, I want to import 2 HP Management Packs for the Hardware monitoring etc. Will it strain the resources from the MOM Server or is it perfectly fine after importing them?
Many thanks

Perfectly fine.

Hope This Helps,

Good Luck!

(I do what I can with what I know)

Many thanks Monsterjta,
As a matter of interest, are you running both packs?
The Pre-req states to make sure that you know which pack you want to import, as removing packs can be tricky.
I did not think it was a big issue to run both..

Thanks again.

I am running the HP Proliant Server MP (which contains BL, DM and ML). Not aware of the other MP you speak of. It shouldn't be an issue running both. I am monitoring approximately 60 servers as well as our NAS devices, and have 15 MP's loaded. Plus, I am running WSUS on the same box as my MOM 2005 Management Server. My MSSQL instance, Administration Console and Operators Console are all on seperate boxes.

Hope This Helps,

Good Luck!

Strangled, can you take a look at this thread? Wondering if you could give feedback or have seen this issue before...

thread966-1297471

Thanks!

Monsterjta, sorry I have not experienced your issues from your thread. The rule triggers occasionally, not every minute. Have you downloaded the latest pack?, rules & knowledge base are updated..The other HP Pack is the Integrity MOM Pack.. Different subject, I use WSUS for Op & IE Critical/Security Updates.. Do you use it for Office Updates as well, if so, how well does it perform updating client's office products?

Many thanks

I do use WSUS, but haven't been using it for Office updates as of yet. I'm sure the next SP release, I will go ahead and let WSUS handle the push as I have many servers (and they're all Terminal Server) that will need to be updated. I wouldn't hesitate to use it for the Office SP's. However, I don't like to update Office for every single little patch that's release.

I automatically do the OS/Critical patches and the tools for my servers. I use Client Based Targeting, and balance out my DC's so they don't update and reboot at the same time. Everything is nicely laid out by Security Group and Policy.

Enough on this post. I suggest starting another as this has went off topic.

Hope This Helps,

Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back