Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding Hotfix to an Installation Package

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juice05

Programmer
Dec 4, 2001
US
I have a VB.NET application that uses Crystal Reports. There is an issue with the parameter prompt showing up even if the parameter value is being passed to the report. I have addressed this issue with a Crystal Hotfix.

My problem is that I don't know how to incorporate this hotfix into my application setup project.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If the hotfix is a seperate file that has to be ran afterthe installation, then I would look into Merge Modules. Basically, you'll create a new project with the hotfix in it and add it to your solution as a Merge Module. There's a few steps to it, so I'd recommend hitting Google for some good walk throughs and do some practice runs. Another option is to get InstallShield and use it to do the installation. It has a feature to run scripts after the installation is complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back