Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

adding hard drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoja

IS-IT--Management
Oct 8, 2002
US
I have a DL 380 with 3 18GB hard drives that is running out of space. It is raid 5. I have 3 36GB hard drives to replace/add. I understand I can replace the drives, one at a time (overnight) and then add the additional space as a seperate logical volume.

I was also told I could add them so that they would be seperate. Can someone tell me the steps to do that? Do I have to move the data to the new drives?

depends on operating system

no matter what os - you can just replace disks one at a time and then add seperate logical volume

if it's netware then you just crank up cpqonlin , create logical space , then use nssmu or imanage if your that way inclined - initialize the disk and then expand or create pool

m$ side use the start - compaq tools - acu and create logical drive , then disk administrator to create new stuff -

linux - havent got a clue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back