Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding functionality to Great Plains with Dexterity

Status
Not open for further replies.

lizeth

Programmer
Dec 6, 2002
US
Hi,
I need to add some new Windows to GP, The windows will be a customization to the existing ones. I was trying to use Modifier but I can not add Grids and more complicated things.
I need to connect to Great Plains tables througth Dexterity to read and update the information from my customs forms? How Can I do that?
The quick start example just show new windows when you create you own tables and definitions. I need to use the existings ones.
How can I connect to GP Database from Dexterity?
I need help urgently??
Thanks a lot
Lizeth

This might be a non starter, but Great Plains is fully VBA enabled. Could VB forms and controls do what you need? It's a lot easier than Dexterity.

Great Plains exposes an object called the DUOS (Dynamic User Object Store) which you can use to store additional related information. Check out the VBADevelopersGuide.pdf file.

The only gotcha I've encountered is from using any non-VBA controls. You cannot distribute customizations using these controls but they work fine on your dev PC. This can really bite you.

Curtis

I don't do Dexterity, just light VBA customizations. However, I thought you couldn't add grid windows with VBA? I think you have to use Dexterity for that.

Or, you can use VB and use Continuum for VB but I haven't used that either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back