Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding files to audio player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffdog

Programmer
Feb 16, 2002
AU
Hi, experts.
I have downloaded a free audio player and it works OK, except I can't work out how to add extra tracks.
Can someone please advise if it is possible? I'm not sure how much of the script you need, but the relative line looks like this:
[param name="FlashVars" value="playerID=1&(lots of stuff in here about how the player looks) loop=no&autostart=yes&soundFile=[URL unfurl="true"]http://myweb.com.au/audio/Open_Up.mp3"[/URL]],
audio being the folder containing the sound file. I've tried adding files after "mp3", using variously a space, comma, semi-colon or colon with no success.
I am bereft of ideas.
Mike

Whether you can do this depends on the player in question, and whether it has been built to allow queueing of multiple files.

Given we know nothing about which player you are using, we couldn't give an accurate answer as to whether it is possible or not.

Incidentally, the URL of the MP3 file is invalid - it doesn't exist.

Dan

Coedit Limited - Delivering standards compliant, accessible web solutions

Dan's Page [blue]@[/blue] Code Couch:
Code Couch Tech Snippets & Info:

Hi Dan,
thanks for that. The full script is:
[<script language="JavaScript" src="<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data=" id="audioplayer1" height="24" width="290">
<param name="movie" value="<param name="FlashVars" value="playerID=1&amp;bg=0xcccccc&amp;leftbg=0xcccccc&amp;lefticon=0x666666&amp;rightbg=0xcccccc&amp;rightbghover=0x999999&amp;righticon=0x666666&amp;righticonhover=0xffffff&amp;text=0x666666&amp;slider=0x666666&amp;track=0xFFFFFF&amp;border=0x666666&amp;loader=0x999999&amp;loop=no&amp;autostart=yes&amp;soundFile= >
<param name="quality" value="high">
<param name="menu" value="true">
<param name="wmode" value="transparent">
</object>
I hope this is more useful.
Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back