Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding fields to email templates

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgp2

Technical User
Mar 5, 2010
GB
Can anyone suggest a way to get more varied fields into a GM tamplate.

Not being technical, I can see that GM allows you to add some general info regards contact, dates and times. I have also found that by overtyping the field in the template I can add Keys 1 to 5. But I need to add some additional field that contain characters only (no annoying calc fields).

Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks
MF

Yes there are solutions, but you are too vague in your requirements. Is an example that I use in one of my e-mail templates:

You have been scheduled for a session with: <<Cal->UserID>>

If necessary he will be calling you using: <<&Phone1>>

Meeting Date:

<<wdate(Cal->OnDate, 3)>>

Meeting Time:

Eastern:

<<iif(left(Cal->OnTime, 2)>"12", alltrim(str(val(left(Cal->OnTime, 2))-12))+right(alltrim(Cal->OnTime), 3)+"pm", alltrim(Cal->OnTime)+"am")>>

Central:

<<iif(left(Cal->OnTime, 2)>"13", alltrim(str(val(left(Cal->OnTime, 2))-13))+right(alltrim(Cal->OnTime), 3)+"pm", IIF(padl(alltrim(str(val(left(Cal->OnTime, 2))-1)), 2, [0])=[12], padl(alltrim(str(val(left(Cal->OnTime, 2))-1)), 2, [0])+right(alltrim(Cal->OnTime), 3)+"pm", padl(alltrim(str(val(left(Cal->OnTime, 2))-1)), 2, [0])+right(alltrim(Cal->OnTime), 3)+"am"))>>

Mountain:

<<iif(left(Cal->OnTime, 2)>"14", alltrim(str(val(left(Cal->OnTime, 2))-14))+right(alltrim(Cal->OnTime), 3)+"pm", IIF(padl(alltrim(str(val(left(Cal->OnTime, 2))-2)), 2, [0])=[12], padl(alltrim(str(val(left(Cal->OnTime, 2))-2)), 2, [0])+right(alltrim(Cal->OnTime), 3)+"pm", padl(alltrim(str(val(left(Cal->OnTime, 2))-2)), 2, [0])+right(alltrim(Cal->OnTime), 3)+"am"))>>

Pacific:

<<iif(left(Cal->OnTime, 2)>"15", alltrim(str(val(left(Cal->OnTime, 2))-15))+right(alltrim(Cal->OnTime), 3)+"pm", IIF(padl(alltrim(str(val(left(Cal->OnTime, 2))-3)), 2, [0])=[12], padl(alltrim(str(val(left(Cal->OnTime, 2))-3)), 2, [0])+right(alltrim(Cal->OnTime), 3)+"pm", padl(alltrim(str(val(left(Cal->OnTime, 2))-3)), 2, [0])+right(alltrim(Cal->OnTime), 3)+"am"))>>

Not to Exceed:

<<ltrim(str(int(Cal->Duration/60)))+[ hr ]+ltrim(str((Cal->Duration/60-int(Cal->Duration/60))*60))+[ min]>>

Reference: <<Cal->Ref>>

<<Cal->Notes>><<Cursor>>

DJ Hunt
Phone: (978)2-3333
- The Hacker's Guide to GoldMine Premium
- One-on-One GoldMine Technical Support ( Fee Based )

Thanks for the fast response but when I said I wasn't technical I really meant it!!! and looking at the above is like reading a foreign language. Sorry.

All I need is to add a couple of fields to a template. It doesn't need to compare, calculate or configure anything. If my client reference type is based on their industry i.e. UINDUST then I need to input this into the text of an email.
I hope this is a better explanation???

MF

That works!!

Many thanks, I can now build some valuable AP's.

Regards

MF

You're welcome, but when did we jump from Templates to Automated Processes?

Is the FoxPro Developer link yours?

I've been a FoxPro/dBase developer for over 30 years. Sad to see MS kill it off.

DJ Hunt
Phone: (978)2-3333
- The Hacker's Guide to GoldMine Premium
- One-on-One GoldMine Technical Support ( Fee Based )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back