Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding Events to a record in new window

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobHat

Technical User
Nov 30, 2007
GB
Hi,
Hoping someone may be able to offer some advice. I have an asp.net page using c# code behind. This page pulls an individuals record from an sql database and displays the info on the page using the asp:formview control. This control is bound to an asp:sqldatasource control. Also on this page will be a box showing all events that have been added.

What I need to do is now add an event to the individuals record. So I have a different table in my database to hold this info. I want to have a link or ideally an asp:image (add event or similar) which is clickable. This would open a new window (made smaller etc with javascript) to then add the details of this event, on clicking ok will add the details to the database and close the window thus showing the original page again. This time the events box would have been updated showing the recently added event.

How would I go about doing this? I have my 2 pages (details_page.aspx and the add_event.aspx. How would be best for me to parse the id from the original page to this new page and alter the table based on this then post back to the original page. Thanks in advance for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back